Got an older version of Media Composer, Symphony, or NewsCutter—even as far back as version 3? Or maybe you’ve got a more recent version of Media Composer, but let your Annual Upgrade and Support Plan expire? Then Avid has some fantastic news for you…
First, if you haven’t heard already, ScriptSync and PhraseFind are back! And Avid has updated both of these new Media Composer options to be even better than ever. But you’ll need the latest version of Media Composer to use them. Luckily, Avid is also making Media Composer upgrades available once again, so those of you who let your Annual Upgrade and Support Plan expire, or never had one, can welcome these powerful tools back into your workflow again—or for the first time.
For a limited period only, you can upgrade to the latest version of Media Composer, which includes a 1-year Annual Upgrade and Support Plan that provides access to all future releases and expert help when you need it, for only $399. That’s nearly 70% off the price you would normally have to pay to get the latest Media Composer features if you don’t have an upgrade plan!
Depending on what version of Media Composer, Symphony, or NewsCutter you have, here are just a few highlights of what may be new to you:
- Work with any media in any resolution, including SD, HD, UHD, 3D, HDR, 2K, 4K, and beyond
- Edit HDR (high dynamic range) projects to achieve more realistic and/or dramatic imagery
- Work with high-res media easily through Resolution Independence and the Avid DNxHR codec
- Instantly access and edit file-based media, without copying or transcoding footage
- Experience incredible creative power and performance with its 64-bit architecture
- Edit faster and more easily with the sleeker, more intuitive and modern interface
- Create big, immersive surround mixes with up to 64 audio tracks using comprehensive audio tools
- Automate non-creative, complex tasks in the background with Dynamic Media Folders
- Get native support for the latest media formats, including XAVC-L, AVC-LongG, and more
- Preview file-based media before bringing it into your project with the Source Browser
- Get the features you have been asking for, including:
- Quickly view every duplicate clip in your Audio tracks with Audio Dupe Detection
- Use Match Frame to find the original source of any title or matte key from a sequence
- View closed captions in your Timeline and on an external monitor
- Group audio waveforms, nest AudioSuite effects, and resize the audio mixer
- Expand your Media Composer capabilities with the Symphony and NewsCutter options
- And did we say that ScriptSync and PhraseFind are coming back to Media Composer?